American Society of Missiology
Who We Are
As the ecumenical professional association for mission studies in North America, the American Society of Missiology includes more than 600 academicians, mission agency executives, and missionaries in a unique fellowship of scholarship and mission. It seeks to
- Promote the scholarly study of theological, historical, social, and practical questions relating to the missionary dimension of the Christian church.
- Relate studies in Missiology to the other scholarly disciplines.
- Promote fellowship and cooperation among individuals and institutions engaged in activities and studies related to Missiology.
- Facilitate mutual assistance and exchange of information among those thus engaged.
- Encourage research and publication in the study of Christian missions.
The ASM publishes the quarterly journal Missiology: An International Review, which has a worldwide print circulation of approximately 1150 subscribers. The Editor of the journal is Rich Starcher.
Missiology: Missiological Societies