World Evangelical Theological Institute Association (WETIA)
The World Evangelical Theological Institute Association (WETIA) is a non-profit organization linking a global network of evangelical theological colleges and seminaries through the application of information technology.
As a research and service organization, WETIA also supports a variety of educational and professional development needs of the evangelical higher learning community with tools to create and deploy online learning programs.
The mission of WETIA is to build and support a global network of evangelical seminaries and theological schools with increased awareness of and access to technological resources for high-quality education and training.
WETIA exists to promote the application of information technology throughout all regions of the world in evangelical Christian higher education.
WETIA services the evangelical Christian higher education community for the purpose of:
- Promoting access to computers, connectivity and e-learning options
- Promoting teacher participation in e-learning and training
- Encouraging the use of e-learning to meet quality measures and accreditation standards required for course credit
- Exploring creative ways to provide advanced telecommunications services to indigent and rural communities
- Serving as a repository for online curriculum and content
- Developing and sustaining Internet infrastructure through membership channels
- Developing online learning programs in hard-to-reach missionary regions
- Supporting research and development efforts in the field of information technology
Cause sur laquelle vous vous focalisez